Monday, February 18, 2013

Goodbye my sweet CHOCOLATE

Photo Credit: Tumbler.com

Weight loss this week - 3lbs.
Weight loss total - 46 lbs.

"The Difference between possible
and impossible lies in the persons determination"
~ Tommy Losarda

This past week was the start of lent. I decided for lent that I would give up chocolate. If you truly know me I LOVE chocolate. I at least have (1) piece of chocolate a day. This past Wednesday was Ash Wednesday. The start of lent.

What is Lent? Lent is a season of forty days, not counting Sundays, which begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Holy Saturday.  Lent comes from the Anglo Saxon word lencten, which means "spring."  The forty days represents the time Jesus spent in the wilderness, enduring the temptation of Satan and preparing to begin his ministry.
Lent is a time of repentance, fasting and preparation for the coming of Easter. It is a time of self-examination and reflection.  In the early church, Lent was a time to prepare new converts for baptism.  Today, Catholics  focus on their relationship with God, often choosing to give up something or to volunteer and give of themselves for others. 

So for 40 days I will be chocolate free. In the absence of chocolate I have replaced it with working out.  I have worked out and since starting it I have lost the 3 lbs that I gained last week. I am back down to only needing to lose 2 more lbs. till my goal wait. So I hope in 40 days I can say I lost more than 2 lbs. I hope everyone has a great week.

This post is sponsored Dole and Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment